Check Out Our Shop
Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2070
    Moga got tossed. Looks painful. A shoulder might be out, I don’t think it’s a broken neck. He’s standing. Body language indicates a repeated dislocation that he knows how to deal with. This isn’t his first time hurting that shoulder.

Kendall is really floaty but I’d like to see some line-choice and creativity. Regardless, dude makes it look easy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Carl… I think I had a dream about that fall last night.

Called it. Three riders in and I called it. It was that obvious. Anyone watching would have called it.

This sport is anew.

Katie did an awesome job in the booth.

i'm pretty stoked to see how the funbets worked out this week.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Drone work is a lot better.

Hot damn.

What a difference when you give these guys good conditions. Amazing display of skiing

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    What a difference when you give these guys good conditions. Amazing display of skiing
    That was my main takeaway as well - good conditions just make the whole comp way more entertaining.

Goguen is a beast. Thought Hitzig should've been in 2nd. And Chabloz should've ended up better than 7th.

Bummed Ho didn't make the cut for the rest of the season. He hasn't always nailed his lines, but he puts together some cool runs.

The female announcer was decent, but could maybe tone it down a bit. "That was huuuge!" (about a small cross-court air). "He STOMPED that!" (backslap to struggling to regain control, Moga's crash being the most egregious example)

I might have missed it but where was Finn?

Same man - can't believe W Ho didn't score higher. Such a great display of steep, technical skiing. Bummer.

Katie Burrell in the announcing booth. Both she and Foose thought they were on the play-by-play rather than one having one color commentator. She did a pretty good job for her first go-round, but she is hilarious and that did not come through at all in this one.

The skiing was absolutely bonkers. Jeebus.
    sproing!

Marcus run may have been the best run of all time. That was my immediate reaction. Obvious winner. Drone work still sucks. Marginal improvement but needs major work. Quit trying to spin around the rider. Simple. Challengers are going to be stacked with the riders who missed the cut.

What a show from ski men. Goguen’s run was insane

Ga Dayum. Marcus’ run was off the charts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when the debate around here was 'big mountain' vs. freestyle. That whole debate is rendered irrelevant when dudes are charging fall line in the gnarliest parts of the mountain and doing huge freestyle moves. Wow!!! On visual inspection... WTF!

As for that other classic debate; who's better, competitive free rider or ski movie rider? That debate is over also as far as I am concerned. The movie dudes have nothing on the likes of Goguen and Hitzig.

Unreal comp! wow

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    As for that other clssic debate; who's better, competitive free rider or ski movie rider? That debate is over also as far as I am concerned. The movie dudes have nothing on the likes of Goguen and Hitzig!

Unreal comp! wow
    To be fair, Goguen had a significant segment in this year's tgr movie. So did Ho.

Georgia venue and conditions looked awesome
    Goguens run was fucked, the set on the 7 proves hes a freak
    98 score on the 3rd run kinda ruined the suspense
    Awesome entertainment value overall

Three runs in and I'm left wondering if Goguen's completed skiing already. Made it look like a video game. Tenra keeps performing with clean and creative runs. Blake Marshall's threes are always so big and so nice. Turdell always looks so much faster yet more controlled than a lot of the rest of the field. Martin Bender's seven was filthy, then straight into a turn around the rocks to line up the next hit. Super impressive. Hitzig just muscles his way down the fall line, going huge in the process. He is so strong.

I'm gutted about Weitien Ho missing the cut though, especially because I think he was underscored pretty badly. I've started looking forward to his runs the most. He does the nicest technical skiing in the most interesting and steep areas, whilst still adding in a big trick or two. His last sequence was such a beautiful mix of skiing. He picks and skis lines beyond his years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Three runs in and I'm left wondering if Goguen's completed skiing already.
    I typed this out earlier but I deleted it-- I think this field of athletes schooled the judges this year. I know how the judges outline their parameters for various venues and I genuinely believe that they set their parameters too high... not anticipating that these kids would be throwing (and cleanly sticking) multi-rotational tricks.... resulting in their parameters scoring well above anticipated.

I think the judges were floored. And that's why you think "Goguen completed skiing."

He reset the parameters, for sure. Not just him. But yeah. The judges are having a serious discussion about how to move forward from here because clearly everyone throws tricks off of everything now.

19yo athletes throw D-Spin 7s blindly on steep terrain after a visual inspection.

And then they stick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    Drone work still sucks. Marginal improvement but needs major work. Quit trying to spin around the rider. Simple.
    Drone filmers need to realize that they are not the main show - the riders are. The incessant speed / race drone style circling round type filming so prevalent in ski flicks nowadays need to die an instant death. It can look mildly impressive at first, but grows old really fast imho at does not show case the skiing all that well at times - more "hey, look what I can do with this drone!".

The part that sucks is that some of the drone clips filmed nowadays could have been instant classics, but will now be forgettable when this filming fad becomes old news as they are just so busy and gets tiring to re-watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I'm gutted about Weitien Ho missing the cut though, especially because I think he was underscored pretty badly. ... His last sequence was such a beautiful mix of skiing. He picks and skis lines beyond his years.
    I did not understand his score, like at all. He did this beautiful unweighting of his tails in the middle of the gnar to have his tails skip over the rocks - at 3:45:17 in the replay - so damned impressive skiing. His ability to both stay in control, mix in big moves and ride consequential features was damned impressive.

I also like this year's version of Chabloz a lot better. He has been able to remove some of the major control issues the judges where seemingly unable to spot last season, but has been taken down by minor errors. I really enjoyed his run yesterday.

As for the judging - FWT and Lolo have been kinda vocal in making fun of the opinions on the judging online. Why not get off your high horse guys and just make a videos explaining the judging after the fact? You know, educating the masses.

Like, I can not for the life of me understand why Hedvig's rund scored less than Sybillie's run. To me Hedvig did a more technical line (in spite of their lines being nearly identical), went bigger on the middle features and seemed more in control after the initial drop. I am guessing it is the final feature that made difference, where the judges prob scored Hedvig like making it a double was a controll issue, and not something that was harder to do than straightlining the final part of the face. I dunno - it would be interesting to get their reasoning.

I'm also of the opinion that the no score rule needs to change in the skiing categories as it potentially incentivizes skiers upping their din values to not loose gear in order to avoid getting a no score. That is in stark contrast to the otherwise strong focus on rider safety. Why not have a percentage deduction from the score you would have been given for a full run, with everything below the gear loss netting 0? So that if you would have gotten a score of say 60 with the run completed with a big controll issue, but you lost a ski at halfway down the venue - so the score would be 60 x percentage completed -> 30 score. Sure, this would open another can of worms on how to determine the percentage - by feature or by lenght - but still...

I totally agree on some sort of highlight video that includes a score breakdown.

www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Yes, the life judging sucks. having the thing go down and streamed 1h later with fair points for all riders wouldn’t hurt.

Freeride World Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    I remember when the debate around here was 'big mountain' vs. freestyle. That whole debate is rendered irrelevant when dudes are charging fall line in the gnarliest parts of the mountain and doing huge freestyle moves. Wow!!! On visual inspection... WTF!

As for that other classic debate; who's better, competitive free rider or ski movie rider? That debate is over also as far as I am concerned. The movie dudes have nothing on the likes of Goguen and Hitzig.

Unreal comp! wow
    Umm… Eder did like 7-8 years of MSP films and was the absolute star of the tour, so not really sure what you’re talking about. That nose butter huck is still one of the best moments in FWT history.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Not to mention Eder's "Ultimate Run" edit.

Disappointed Ho didn’t make the cut. Thought his run should have scored higher. As per the 3 comps I think Ho has the best combination of tech, trick and freeride in a package. Hope to see more of him next year.

Grogun was lit, Hitvig never pusses out- always hits it from the top bleachers!