Check Out Our Shop
Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Was the pivot to the Bec because they already knew stop 2 was looking really questionable? Will they do what happened a few years ago and run 2 comps at Kicking Horse? Will the Horse even happen with the weather going on out here this week? So many questions.
    I’d say the comp conditions are looking really good for k horse. Alpine coverage is better than last year and this warm front should help with the facets. New snow coming in starting this weekend. Hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I’d say the comp conditions are looking really good for k horse. Alpine coverage is better than last year and this warm front should help with the facets. New snow coming in starting this weekend. Hope for the best.
    I’m hoping as a few of us maggots will be there feb 17-20. Hope to catch the event.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    There is no other hand. Looks like the pilot got lucky once. if you are live, you don't get to fuck up more than a couple times and it's really hard to fuck up as much as that guy did. Atrain is 110% right as always.

Looking forward to Kicking Horse!

^I already agreed with Atrain right after his post. I just thought this was a really cool view of Marshall going bonkers. There were also some cool shots of the windlip with the horizon in the background.
    Having said that.
    Noone is ever 110% right.
    Noone is always right.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The problem is the fpv pilots are trying to get too fancy because that’s how all fpv pilots train. Spinning and looping all over the place. The director of the fwt production needs to say there are only 3 shots I want from you guys. 1st rider. Follow cam from behind from a distance looking down the slope. No spinning and moving around. Just follow. Those good shots of the wind lip were essentially this follow shot. But that shot should be a top to bottom of the run.
    2nd rider. In front at a distance looking up the slope. Lead the rider the whole way. 3rd rider. From the side from a distance Ie a simple side view. Rinse and repeat.
    All of this requires the rider to let the officials know which general part of the venue they are going to so the operators can plan their shots. That was a common thing to say back in my comp days with big venues so the judges knew where to be focusing.

KISS method. Keep it simple stupid. Would look so much better. Viewers would have a better experience. 95% of runs would be captured with epic fpv shots instead of the get lucky on a few runs like that Blake Marshall shot. Which is epic but the amount of times during the broadcast they lost a rider is unacceptable at any professional level at any type of live event.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    The problem is the fpv pilots are trying to get too fancy because that’s how all fpv pilots train. Spinning and looping all over the place. The director of the fwt production needs to say there are only 3 shots I want from you guys. 1st rider. Follow cam from behind from a distance looking down the slope. No spinning and moving around. Just follow. Those good shots of the wind lip were essentially this follow shot. But that shot should be a top to bottom of the run.
    2nd rider. In front at a distance looking up the slope. Lead the rider the whole way. 3rd rider. From the side from a distance Ie a simple side view. Rinse and repeat.
    All of this requires the rider to let the officials know which general part of the venue they are going to so the operators can plan their shots. That was a common thing to say back in my comp days with big venues so the judges knew where to be focusing.

KISS method. Keep it simple stupid. Would look so much better. Viewers would have a better experience. 95% of runs would be captured with epic fpv shots instead of the get lucky on a few runs like that Blake Marshall shot. Which is epic but the amount of times during the broadcast they lost a rider is unacceptable at any professional level at any type of live event.

Please email this to Nicolas Hale-Woods.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I’m hoping as a few of us maggots will be there feb 17-20. Hope to catch the event.

Me too. Me and 12 homies will be at KHMR 2/15 before going into GAH on 2/16. Hoping we happen upon the FWT show while we're there...
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is why they should never even try to get freeride into the Olympics. Bummer.
    Or do it like surfing and make Tahiti part of Paris

So haines could be a suburb of Seattle.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I looked after commenting and see that Wrangle the Chute is on for this weekend which looks very good for Kixking Horse to run both that well loved regional comp and the FWT stop later in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    I looked after commenting and see that Wrangle the Chute is on for this weekend which looks very good for Kixking Horse to run both that well loved regional comp and the FWT stop later in the month.
    The only twist is there is little to no snow below treeline.....so at kicking horse the hardest part of the comp for competitors and visitors will be making it down to the base area....lol

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Or do it like surfing and make Tahiti part of Paris

So haines could be a suburb of Seattle.
    Who cares Kelly slater is not qualified : )

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post

I think this is what they're going for, but they're trying to do it live while the MSP version spent a zillion hours in the editing booth first (and was choreographed).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Please email this to Nicolas Hale-Woods.
    I said this in last year’s thread but they legit need to hire atrain as a drone / cinematography consultant. Numinous has some of the best drone ski movie use I’ve ever seen.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

countdown says 1d16hr
    i haven't done my bets.
    what says the kh crew about the conditions at the moment?
    how is the weather looking for the comp date?

Quote Originally Posted by twat View Post
    countdown says 1d16hr
    i haven't done my bets.
    what says the kh crew about the conditions at the moment?
    how is the weather looking for the comp date?
    Ozone has been closed for the last few years so it's pretty much untracked avy controlled pow over there. Although it's hard to tell what its like because of the freeze thaw cycle thats run through. However it LOOKS good.

There was an inch or two today, but that's all that's on the forecast. Weather however, gets cold. Unfortunately I left this morning so I won't get to see the circus.

Instagram says that venue is moved to T1 south (which I believe is the venue they used a couple years ago). They said to of ozone is OK, but all the runouts are covered in massive ice chunks that shed off the rocks in the prior warm up. Some like it's fairly terrible at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Instagram says that venue is moved to T1 south (which I believe is the venue they used a couple years ago). They said to of ozone is OK, but all the runouts are covered in massive ice chunks that shed off the rocks in the prior warm up. Some like it's fairly terrible at the bottom.
    Yeah that makes sense actually. The bottom of ozone/fuez was limited terrain due to snow separation.

T1 south runout is in better shape but not great. This will be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFvhWe9RIjA

2018 Hakuba event staged at Kicking Hrse which I believe is that last time they used the T1 face.

The insta post I was referencing earlier, for a bit more detail:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3Psh...hpMWl1ZGs3eQ==

One of their other posts also says they're aiming for Thursday for the comp.

Freeride World Tour

Funbet in. But... the way those younger skiers (the new Gen) threw me off last event I don't think I have an inkling of any accurate predictions.

Ho or Goguen might surprise us. As with the wild card— Stan motherfuckin’ Rey.
    Last edited by gaijin; 02-13-2024 at 12:25 AM.

Thursday is confirmed on T1.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Ooohh, ozone must be bare?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ooohh, ozone must be bare?

The lower apron/runouts are filled with giant ice blocks from shedding during the warm spell we/they had.

is there a second comp in KH to compensate the missed event?

Comp on now. Conditions look... ok? Seems like some wind effect here and there. Also tough to tell with the snowboard women since they kinda make everything look difficult.