Check Out Our Shop
Page 243 of 244 FirstFirst ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 6087
    Sorry 194/187 R110

Quote Originally Posted by forumskier View Post
    I've found I can drive Wildcats way more than the On3p Jeffs I've skied, and Wildcats feel way more predictable at high speeds for me. Jeffs are definitely less demanding, more buttery and more jibby though. I prefer Wildcats for my style.

Bananas look so fun. I was pretty adamant on owning a pair by the end of this season, but by groundhogs day I came to the disappointing conclusion that I rarely ski the conditions warranting 120mm+ fatties.

I've owned WC118s before, as well as Bibbys. Great skis. I've been loving Blackops 118s, but Wildcats still have a place in my heart.

Where the actual hole in my quiver is, is for WC101s. I think they are too charger for the park/all mtn type ski I'm looking for though.
    How much does it need to snow for the Banana? 6 inches? The Banana get the call

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    I think it’s how much surf you want. Jeffery’s are a hell of a lot more surfy and don’t love to be driven at all. The 118s float a good amount better than the Nanner or WC but aren’t as good in scraped off areas.

But. The GT. Well that’s pow Nirvana.
    I have the surfy, pivoty end covered. I want the get into the front of my new/used 140 Rossignol Hero boots I scored here and plow through shit. Or maybe lay down some sick carves with my arms spread real wide cause that's how you lay down trenches or some shit. I'll probably wear a US ski team beret if the carves go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post

I have the surfy, pivoty end covered. I want the get into the front of my new/used 140 Rossignol Hero boots I scored here and plow through shit. Or maybe lay down some sick carves with my arms spread real wide cause that's how you lay down trenches or some shit. I'll probably wear a US ski team beret if the carves go well.
    Agreed on the Banana. Doesn’t need much fresh to be fun.

Agreed on the Banana. Doesn’t need much fresh to be fun.
    I feel it’s almost more of a snow water content thing with the nanners. If it’s the slightest bit creamy, they are the funnest ski I’ve ever been on. Why oh why did I sell my 186? Dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I feel it’s almost more of a snow water content thing with the nanners. If it’s the slightest bit creamy, they are the funnest ski I’ve ever been on. Why oh why did I sell my 186? Dumbass.

Yup! Heavier snow the better. Ultra fresh light pow in Utah I would rather be on a Jeff 118 or GT. However, when it gets skied out in 2 hours the CB is a pissload of fun.

Moment Skis Discussion

Interesting comments regarding the Banana. From what I can remember I think they’re floatier in dry and heavy snow than 4FRNT Renegades but maybe not quite as fast and fun in untracked heavy snow, wind effect or if there is any crust. CBs are way more fun in chop and firmer conditions and so much easier on the legs for a powder day at the resort. They need to plane up a bit to float but once they do I haven’t found any tip dive so ski faster, ya beaters

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    There are some dw104 190’s cast’d for sale on new schoolers but the guy never responded to my offer so I bought this years graphic (blemish) 190 dw104 that hot pocket hooked me up with. I looked for 3 months for a used 190 dw104 and couldn’t find anything. People must love them.
    Yeah, there are 4-5 pairs of 184 DW104s vs 0 190s. When I look at the amount of rocker on my 190 DW112s, the effective edge is about the same as my 5'2" wife's skis so I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing in why people would size down to 184. I read a review by Cy Whitling where he said he skis both the 104 and 112DW at 184cm and he's 6'1", 200 lbs (and I'm sure a better skier than me). It's messing with my brain some as I can pay full pop for 190s or grab a cheaper used pair of 184 104s to try out.

Sorry 194/187 R110
    I skied the 193 FR110s and they were phenomenal skis. They were more maneuverable and held an edge a bit better than Wildcat 108s. I was mounted -2 from recommended on the FR110s, and I could still feel the tail behind me, that was their only flaw.

I think the Wildcats are more steadfast, their predictability is so good. Also Wildcats have that camber pop. Sizing is also perfect for me, 188.Xcm true length.

The R110 does seem like it would get rid of that “tail sensation” I had with the FR. However I have a lot of chargers in the 108-112 widths (Katana 108, Monster 108, Sender Squad), and the FR varies up my quiver more being significantly more playful than Wildcat 108s.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post

Oh man those Lange/Rossi 140s are sporty! I tried on the new ones this season and I was really impressed. I almost bought a pair last week, but my Raptors fit so well.

And just like that, I want CBs again.

Quote Originally Posted by forumskier View Post
    I skied the 193 FR110s and they were phenomenal skis. They were more maneuverable and held an edge a bit better than Wildcat 108s. I was mounted -2 from recommended on the FR110s, and I could still feel the tail behind me, that was their only flaw.

I think the Wildcats are more steadfast, their predictability is so good. Also Wildcats have that camber pop. Sizing is also perfect for me, 188.Xcm true length.

The R110 does seem like it would get rid of that “tail sensation” I had with the FR. However I have a lot of chargers in the 108-112 widths (Katana 108, Monster 108, Sender Squad), and the FR varies up my quiver more being significantly more playful than Wildcat 108s.

Oh man those Lange/Rossi 140s are sporty! I tried on the new ones this season and I was really impressed. I almost bought a pair last week, but my Raptors fit so well.

And just like that, I want CBs again.
    Do it.

-David Starsky

Quote Originally Posted by Red7 View Post
    Yeah, there are 4-5 pairs of 184 DW104s vs 0 190s. When I look at the amount of rocker on my 190 DW112s, the effective edge is about the same as my 5'2" wife's skis so I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing in why people would size down to 184. I read a review by Cy Whitling where he said he skis both the 104 and 112DW at 184cm and he's 6'1", 200 lbs (and I'm sure a better skier than me). It's messing with my brain some as I can pay full pop for 190s or grab a cheaper used pair of 184 104s to try out.
    I have both the 104 and 112 in 184. I could have sized up on thr 112 but purposely sized down with the 104 as I planned to use it in tighter spaces and trees. I’m very happy I did which kept it super manageable and never worry about clipping the tails on anything.

Comparing the dwt and the dw104 and the resort. The dwt seems to get along fine at slower speeds and the dw104 doesn’t, dw104 prefers to be at moderate to fast speeds. Is this just me? Is this because of the touring core? Dwt has probably 20 days, dw104 has 2 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Comparing the dwt and the dw104 and the resort. The dwt seems to get along fine at slower speeds and the dw104 doesn’t, dw104 prefers to be at moderate to fast speeds. Is this just me? Is this because of the touring core? Dwt has probably 20 days, dw104 has 2 days

what length. My 184 has no problem with lower speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    what length. My 184 has no problem with lower speeds.
    Both 190

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Both 190

yep that makes sense the 190’s want a little more beans

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    I have both the 104 and 112 in 184. I could have sized up on thr 112 but purposely sized down with the 104 as I planned to use it in tighter spaces and trees. I’m very happy I did which kept it super manageable and never worry about clipping the tails on anything.
    How much do you weigh? I just bought a 2nd pair of DW112s in 190 yesterday to let one of my pairs be an early season, don't stress about rocks, skis. What you said above is the only thing making me consider the 184s as I do plan to use them in steep, tight chutes. My 190 Dw112s never feel long in tight trees or chutes but that's because I'm often times skiing deeper snow which inherently helps control speed. 104s would be more for days in between storms of when we get 6" or less so it's possible 184s could work. But that would be shorter than even my flat tailed carving skis so I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. I have the Summer to iron this out depending upon what deals I find on used 104s, could end with both lengths to compare. My 15 y/o is 6'1" but only 160 so if 184s were too short for me, they could work for him given his weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Red7 View Post
    How much do you weigh? I just bought a 2nd pair of DW112s in 190 yesterday to let one of my pairs be an early season, don't stress about rocks, skis. What you said above is the only thing making me consider the 184s as I do plan to use them in steep, tight chutes. My 190 Dw112s never feel long in tight trees or chutes but that's because I'm often times skiing deeper snow which inherently helps control speed. 104s would be more for days in between storms of when we get 6" or less so it's possible 184s could work. But that would be shorter than even my flat tailed carving skis so I'm trying to wrap my mind around this. I have the Summer to iron this out depending upon what deals I find on used 104s, could end with both lengths to compare. My 15 y/o is 6'1" but only 160 so if 184s were too short for me, they could work for him given his weight.
    6’0 185lbs

Looking to move these lightly used C108s, 188 cm length, mounted w/ P15 for a 310 bsl - shoot me a PM!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...32#post7081232

Spring sale is live for those who don’t get notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by tschoppe9@gmail.com View Post
    Spring sale is live for those who don’t get notifications.
    20% off is not enough to trigger an impulse buy. Good for my wallet.

Do I want 190 Wildcat 118 or Deathwish, hmmm

WCT 108s and voyager XVs on sale take my money
    Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    20% off is not enough to trigger an impulse buy. Good for my wallet.
    Same. Holding out. Phew, that was close.

Same. Holding out. Phew, that was close.

Main site sale does not usually go below 20%. What isn't sold thru the sale usually ends up on skiburger. Bindings don't usually go cheaper unless part of a package.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Main site sale does not usually go below 20%. What isn't sold thru the sale usually ends up on skiburger. Bindings don't usually go cheaper unless part of a package.

ski burger is no more. All discounted skis are on the main site now and will stay there. They have a blem and discounted section of skis

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I don’t know, bought DW 104s last summer for $500 or $550 (can’t remember which..)non blems. So, yes, dreams do come true.