Check Out Our Shop
Page 1856 of 1859 FirstFirst ... 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 LastLast
Results 46,376 to 46,400 of 46472
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    trying to buy a water park pass for my daughter, and the place has one of those stupid "I am not a robot" captcha boxes. And when I click on it, because I am not a robot (at least I dont think I am), it just spins and spins and never gets me to the next screen. annoying.
    I use Brave with ads, trackers and pop-ups blocked, and it often breaks sites. That's right, once you assert a minimum level of privacy, today's internet doesn't work. Anyway, might be worth trying a different browser with different settings.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I use Brave with ads, trackers and pop-ups blocked, and it often breaks sites. That's right, once you assert a minimum level of privacy, today's internet doesn't work. Anyway, might be worth trying a different browser with different settings.
    thanks. yeah, my computer goes through a work VPN so the solution is often to turn the VPN off, but that didn't work here. But I tried it in Chrome (I was using FF) and that worked. So the robots are safe from the water for now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ublock origin in Firefox with lots of filters including cookie consent blockers work really well for me.

The arms on desk chairs make it impossible to pull the chair in to the desk. And who ever uses their desk chair arms for anything? I'm not fucking Captain Kirk, I have to type on a damn keyboard all day. I removed them on my desk chair at home and it's the platonic ideal of office chairs now, but I'm in a co-working space today wrestling with these dumb chair arms.

The arms on desk chairs make it impossible to pull the chair in to the desk. And who ever uses their desk chair arms for anything? I'm not fucking Captain Kirk, I have to type on a damn keyboard all day. I removed them on my desk chair at home and it's the platonic ideal of office chairs now, but I'm in a co-working space today wrestling with these dumb chair arms.
    Your outrage is justified. Damn our lives
    Extra points for Kirk reference!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

My chair arm is set at the perfect height to support my elbow on my mouse hand. This drastically helps keeping the carpel tunnel from popping back up.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    My chair arm is set at the perfect height to support my elbow on my mouse hand. This drastically helps keeping the carpel tunnel from popping back up.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Whoa, never thought of that. I also had carpal tunnel in my dominant hand back in the day due to excessive PC gaming. I switched to mousing with the other hand at work and 20+ years later, I'm fully ambidextrous for productivity apps (but not gaming).

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    This.
    This fucking squared. Getting older sucks donkey balls and I’m doing everything I can to make life more comfortable.

Trackball mouse was the answer for me.

…stiffened my thumb
    An applied rotation on her sugar plum

How come when I post one thing I get the 45 second error, but if I actually do make another post within 45 seconds, it posts just fine WITH NO FUCKING ERROR MESSAGE!!!

Example--this one.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How come when I post one thing I get the 45 second error, but if I actually do make another post within 45 seconds, it posts just fine WITH NO FUCKING ERROR MESSAGE!!!

Example--this one.
    so weird how these bugs impact different people. I have not once received that 45 second thing, but probably 75% of my posts double post.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I was getting the double message error every time I made a new post. None of those times were within 45 sec of a prior post. If I clicked post reply again it was a double post. Just navigate away, and it was just a single post.

Ditto

I never have these problems. I think it's user error.

Customers that don't do things to help themselves annoy me. When they cost themselves money by not hitting free shipping thresholds and then whine about it is fucking frustrating. A couple of times a week... Arrggghhh

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Customers that don't do things to help themselves annoy me. When they cost themselves money by not hitting free shipping thresholds and then whine about it is fucking frustrating. A couple of times a week... Arrggghhh
    This is something I can relate to directly. On the other hand my company started charging a shipping fee on every single delivery so I guess I’m currently more annoyed by my employer than my customers

Spring in New Mexico - the wind. Going into day 5 of constant dry wind with gusts in the 35 mph range, which gets old. OTOH, next-door Texas is getting slammed with tornadoes.

I guess we’re lucky the winter moisture was pretty good and the whole state isn’t on fire…knock wood.

Found two more....

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Dude you are cursed! I have yet to have one go bad, and they are everywhere in the house. The only place I don't use them is my beacon for some irrational reason. They've been flawless. Ironically I found 2 leaky duracells in my desk drawer yesterday, just sitting there oozing. Never been used.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Seriously, use anything, anything but Duracell or the crappy rebranded Duracells (Kirkland)

The cheap crap that comes stock with remotes, etc. No problem! But Duracell...

A different neighbor just decided to advertise their homophobia to the world. I am #surroundedbyassholesName:  20240512_140911.jpeg
Views: 367
Size:  46.7 KB
    Last edited by climberevan; 05-12-2024 at 06:13 PM.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    A different neighbor just put decided to advertise their homophobia to the world. I am #surroundedbyassholesName:  20240512_140911.jpeg
Views: 367
Size:  46.7 KB
    What a fuckin' cunt.

Telluride Town Park's reservation system annoys me. Putting a campsite into your cart does NOT hold it, unlike recreation.gov; you actually have to checkout. So you go through the song and dance of grabbing spots and putting them into your cart, only to have them disappear when you go to checkout, lather rinse repeat until there are no sites available.

FedEx was supposed to deliver today, when I was working from home. They punted to tomorrow. Since I’m on the road now, I tried to reschedule for Thursday, when I’ll be home again. They wanted $5.55 for that. They can suck it, and send a driver to waste his time with a door tag tomorrow.